Grunt Drupal Tasks
This project brings the tooling energy of the Node.js and Grunt communities together with best practices in Drupal development to accelerate Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 development.
- Generator Gadget, a Yeoman-generator to assemble new codebases with best practices configuration.
- Configurable code structure that defaults to a clean development practice.
- Drush make-based build workflow.
- Optional use of Composer, Code Quality & Static Analysis, and Frontend tooling to extend the build process.
- Behat and SimpleTest Testing
- Deployment packaging
- Git Hook management
- Desktop Notifications
- Local Development Friendly
- CI Friendly
We are continuously working to improve this toolchain, adding functionality that we see as common to our continuous integration and everyday development practices.
Working on a project that’s integrated grunt-drupal-tasks? Run
to view documentation tailored for your project.
To build your Drupal site, run
These environment variables will override other options.
GDT_DOMAIN: Specify the base URL for live system testing. Falls back to a setting in the project’s Gruntconfig.json, then hostname if not set.
GDT_INSTALL_PROFILE: Overrides the install profile specified in the project’s Gruntconfig.json to be used by the
GDT_QUIET: If evaluated truthy, will suppress all desktop notifications.
GDT_SITE_ALIAS: Configure the default Drush site alias for the project.
GDT_SITEURLS: Overrides the URL(s) for the project’s site(s) specified in the Gruntconfig.json by which each can be accessed for end-to-end testing by tools such as Behat. Use instead of
GDT_DOMAINif the project has multiple subsites or URLs.